Friday, May 2, 2008

Feist-y

Hammerstein Ballroom - April 30th, 2008

So this is definitely the mellow-ist concert I have ever been to; so mellow I didn't even bother running to the front in an obnoxious concert-goer way. Just kind of waddled myself into the middle of the crowd, past all the parents with kids on their shoulders (talk about a mixed crowd).
Feist dearest didn't do any of her cute dances (which would have been welcome) but she jammed on her guitar all night which was pretty badass. She sounds amazing live, exactly like my mp3s but with an added natural breathy quality. They had a live shadow-puppet-master do pretty things on a projector throughout the night as well.
The opening band "Hayden" which was more 'guy and his harmonica' than 'band' was disappointing. All the songs sounded like the same generic acoustic love song, and yet he felt the need to preface each one with the explanation of "this is a love song ..."
Anyhoo, loved the Canadian-ness of it all - Feist, Hayden, my Canadian friend - it was like "aboot" everywhere. Hahaha ... ok, I joke.





No comments: