Thursday, October 2, 2008

Visuals

I would gladly pay whatever premium it takes to go to a cinema designed like this (and then stay after the movie ends to take pictures ...) This particular "Light House Cinema" can be found in Dublin.




[Via]

On a semi-related note, I recently got Netflix and it successfully turned me into a homebody for the past 2 weekends. I love their 'watch instantly' option. Whoever came up with the idea of 'marathoning' TV shows is a trooper and I would gladly sign up for that Olympic sport.

Honorable mentions on queue that have gained my patronage and require your viewership:
City of God - Cinematography and story line both beyond awesome. Based on a true story that remains relevant to this day. (Sidenote: Benny is the cutest thing).
2046 - One of my fav 'savour-the-moment' flicks. Wong Kar Wai creates the most longing sensual ambient shots. (Sidenote: Zhang Ziyi is admirably hot in this. I need to get a qi-pao tailored and wear my hair up in a luscious beehive).
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - Motivational movie of the month - but done in a zen-like, beautiful, non-cheesy way. (Sidenote: Learned what a "locked-in syndrome" is).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can watch Dude Where's My Car and Starship Troopers on Hulu.com

Gitonit.